Thursday, June 15, 2017

Mid week Review

So far, this week has been nothing but hot. Every day for the past week its been above 90 degrees (34 degrees Celsius) often being above 100 degrees for a couple of hours. I always enjoyed warm weather but this heat has been wearing me down quicker than i thought. This makes me enjoy Wisconsin's weather, where it is not too hot during the summer. After getting back from Marbella, where it was about 20 degrees cooler, I have been wishing to go back to the cool breeze and bearable weather.
With the weather being so hot, one can only stay outside for so long, so my roommates and I spent a lot of time at the plaza next to our homestay and in our homestay (however, our house does not have an AC that reaches the bedrooms so our part of the house is HOT).
With the time I did spend outside, it was later at night when the weather was cool. My roommates and I walked around the river and enjoyed some live music that was going on. The boardwalk is a very peaceful place to relax and hang out with some friends.
One of the things that I found different here than in the US, is you don't invite friends over to your house as it extremely rude to your parents/host parents. Instead, since the houses are so small, many spend time going to the plaza's and parks to hang out. I find that I like it a little more as it makes you more active and also enjoying the fresh air.
Today, It is a holiday in Sevilla, where it is called Corpus Cristi, and the celebrate the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
I will write about my experience here in my next post! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment